Cosmetic Dentistry By Dr. Sarah Clayton
The team at Columbia Dental Group believes that appearance should always be taken into consideration when restoring the functionality of teeth. Your cosmetic dentist in Columbia, TN, treats the whole patient—not just his or her teeth. That is why every treatment provided, whether restorative or purely cosmetic, is designed to enhance both your physical and emotional health. Anyone who wants an attractive smile and the improved self-esteem that comes with looking and feeling great is a good candidate for our aesthetic dental procedures.
A Good Foundation of Oral Health Is Key
When you visit Dr. Clayton, she will perform a thorough exam to ensure that your teeth and gums are free of problems before agreeing to whiten your teeth or perform other aesthetic procedures. Numerous complications can occur if you go for the quick cosmetic fix without a healthy foundation in place. For example, a veneer and the entire tooth to which it is attached can eventually fall out if you have untreated periodontal disease, and your dental implants will fail if you do not have sufficient jawbone structure to anchor them in place.
Aesthetically Pleasing Cosmetic and Restorative Dentistry
Columbia Dental Group offers the following treatments that can beautify your smile, restore tooth functionality or perform both:
• Tooth-colored fillings and cosmetic bonding: We can treat cavities and other tooth damage with composite resin material that is colored to match the rest of the tooth. These fillings are placed in a liquid form and are then hardened, shaped and polished to look natural. The same material can be used strictly for cosmetic reasons to reshape teeth and cover stains that do not respond well to teeth whitening treatments.
• Crowns, inlays and onlays: These are restorations made of durable, hard porcelain. A crown covers the entire tooth, and inlays and onlays are hard fillings that can restore large areas of damage so that you don’t need a crown.
• Fixed bridges: Used to replace a missing tooth or several missing teeth in a row, a bridge suspends natural-looking tooth replacements between two crowns that are affixed to the teeth on either side of the space.
• Dental implant restorations: After we refer you to a trusted local periodontist or oral surgeon to place your implants, you will return to our Columbia, TN, dental office so that Dr. Clayton can attach aesthetically pleasing tooth restorations to them.
• Teeth whitening: Our Opalescence professional teeth whitening treatments can be performed in our office or in the comfort of your home using custom mouth trays. After your first treatment, we will provide you with a lifetime of free whitening if you keep up your regular checkup appointments.
• Porcelain veneers: These restorations, which are wafer-thin and made of ceramic materials, are bonded to the fronts of teeth to change their shape, color and position in just two office visits.
• Invisalign: A certified provider of Invisalign, Dr. Clayton can correct most mild or moderate orthodontic issues with a custom series of inconspicuous plastic aligners.
The Best Modern Dental Technology
Your Columbia, TN, cosmetic dentist has invested in the most advanced technology to make your time in the dental chair as comfortable and efficient as possible. Our panoramic X-ray machine takes precise digital images and produces significantly less radiation than traditional film radiography. Dr. Clayton will show you these images and those taken with our intraoral cameras on our in-office monitors to better explain your diagnosis and treatment plan. If you need porcelain crowns, inlays or onlays, we can create and place them in a single office visit with the help of our modern CEREC machine.
Healthy and Beautiful Smiles in Columbia, TN
With so many options for improving your smile, why feel embarrassed about its appearance any longer? Some cosmetic procedures are covered by dental insurance, and for those that aren’t, we accept most major credit cards and offer affordable financing options to help you attain your dream smile. Contact us
today to request an appointment
and learn how we can transform your smile with cosmetic dentistry in Columbia, TN.